Wednesday 14 December 2011

Warning to buyers....AveYou

Hey Guys and Girls.

So the other day i ordered something from AveYou. I was asked to do a review on their products, site and overall experience. So they gave me a $150.00 gift card so i could have the full experience of the site and how it all worked.

Choosing the products was fine. There was a little problem with finding the products i actually wanted and they have their site in sections but when you search something you sometimes don't get what you want....You get something entirely different so that was a little annoying.
I choose a lot of O.P.I products because everything else was either too expensive ot i just didn't need it.
It came to $110 and $35 shipping.

I added everything... Paid and waited for it to be shipped.


A shipping/tracking number come through the next day and i tracked the parcel all the way to the UK and then i noticed it said it was being processed by customs.
I emails Ave You about this and asked what happened, Apparently it would be with me after it had been processed...No mention of custom charges!

2 days late it said it had passed customs...and then someone supposedly tried to deliver it which i know for a fact that they didn't because it was at 6.30am and they don't even start delivering till 7am!

Anyway.... A letter came in the post with a £26.36 shipping fee on it....Baring in mind that i have NEVER had this from any other on-line company. Even the big ones!!

I mailed Ave You and they gave me some long email back saying about how it was illegal to not put the full value....I then said 'Why don't you put it as a gift like it is'....They come back with the same email so it was like they just copied from a book!!

Anyway...I phoned parcel force up and sent the package back. I'm so glad i never spent real cash on those products.

At the end of the day, If i am reviewing a products then the company should take care of the customs fees and everything because they will get ALOT more back from what they have been charged to send a package to me. They should put it down as being a gift as that is what it is. I'm not paying for the products so its a gift...Right?

Iv never got this with any other company so far so I'm just saying...If your from the UK (And its happened to people in US and Canada as well...All over the world actually) then only order £18 or less else your going to be whacked with a large sum on top of your order and it will seem pretty pointless getting stuff from them as you'll be paying half or double on top =/

Buyers be aware!!

Ill never be buying anything from this company in the future.
The experience with them has been terrible!

No comments:

Post a Comment